Monster Tree Service loves trees. Deep research gave us some fun facts about trees. (Facts obtained at AmericanForests.org)
Did You Know?
- A tree can absorb as much as 48 pounds of carbon dioxide per year?
- One large tree can provide a supply of oxygen for two people?
- According to the USDA Forest Service, “Trees properly placed around buildings can reduce air conditioning needs by 30 percent and save 20-50 percent in energy used for heating.”
- The net cooling effect of a young, healthy tree is equivalent to ten room-size air conditioners operating 20 hours a day.
- In one day, one large tree can lift up to 100 gallons of water out of the ground and discharge it into the air.
Good stuff! Go Trees!