Support and Protect with Tree Cabling and Bracing Service
After years in your yard, trees feel like a permanent fixture. It can be hard to think about taking one down when you see signs of damage. But a split or leaning trunk or weak limb doesn’t have to spell the end for your tree. Each independently owned and operated Monster Tree Service location offers tree bracing and tree cabling services to help support weak or damaged trees, so you don’t have to remove these natural sources of beauty and shade.
Ready to preserve your trees? Request a free estimate for tree support systems.
What Is Tree Cabling and Bracing?
Tree support systems like cabling, bracing, and guying are ways to help prevent trees from falling due to weak spots, high winds, or ice weight. We offer several different cabling options:
- Static Cabling refers to using heavy-duty aircraft cable, anchored to each limb and installed taut.
- Dynamic Cabling refers to non-invasive nylon cable, adjustable over time and not as taut as steel.
- Bracing is installing metal bracing rods onto splitting limbs or trunks to bolt them back together and help prevent further tearing.
How Do Tree Cabling and Bracing Techniques Work?
Cabling is installed to help take the pressure off weak crotch systems and help support overreaching limbs, as well as helping to protect large limbs from falling near targets. Monster Tree Service arborists use years of knowledge and training to help you decide which option is best for your situation.
Cabling and bracing cannot save a dying tree, and they don’t guarantee that the tree or limb will never fall. However, these techniques can brace mostly-healthy trees against further damage and lessen the chances of downed trees.
When You Need Tree Bracing or Cabling
The professional arborists from Monster Tree Service have expert knowledge about when a tree is salvageable or not. We might recommend extra support for:
- Shoring up storm damage. When you’re trying to repair a split tree trunk or add tree branch support for a loose limb, steel cables and rods can provide the tree with the extra structure it needs.
- Minimizing risk in an older tree. Cabling and bracing mature trees help them stand secure, even if they’ve experienced damage in the past or developed weak points.
- Growing your tree in a specific direction. Whether you need support for small trees, want a limb to grow away from vital structures, or need to prop up a leaning trunk, cabling can direct growth where you need it to go.
- Preventing future damage or risks. Some trees grow in ways that leave them susceptible to future breaks, cracks, and splits. Cabling and bracing can help solve issues like codominant stems (a trunk that forks into two parts close to the roots). It can also support over-extended limbs or fragile sections of growth.
Find Reliable Tree Support Services Near Me
Skip the tree removal and keep mature, beloved trees around. We’re happy to come to your home to mitigate further damage and keep you and your home safe from falling limbs and trees. Call us at (888) 744-0155 to get started, or request a quote online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does cabling hurt a tree?
If improperly done, cabling can hurt your trees. That's why you should leave it to professionals who can implement support systems that do more to help your tree than harm it. Although we have to attach anchor points into the wood of the tree, our process causes minimal damage.
Is tree cabling a good idea for my tree?
Expert arborists from Monster Tree Service will examine your tree to decide whether it would benefit from bracing/cabling or not. We can recommend either adding support or opting for tree removal if it's unsalvageable.
Does bracing a tree weaken it?
No! Bracing strengthens and provides structure for trees. We specifically place our braces to take stress off weakened or damaged areas of the tree, making it stronger overall.
Cabling and bracing aren’t your only options for tree maintenance. Prevent or handle weak spots or damage with other arborist services like these:
- Not sure which of your trees might need extra support? Schedule a tree inspection to have a professional arborist assess your trees’ health and safety.
- Protect your home and family by removing dead branches before they can fall. The Deadwooding service from Monster Tree Service promotes tree health and yard safety.
- If your trees lose limbs or fall over entirely during a storm, schedule storm damage cleanup to remove debris, branches, and downed trees.