Tomorrow, Friday, April 30th, is the 136th Annual Arbor Day. Every year, this holiday has been celebrated on the final Friday of April. This holiday holds a special place in our hearts because not only does it give tribute to our environment, but it places an additional emphasis on trees, their importance and encourages people to get involved by planting trees.
In light of this great holiday, we’re giving you five different ways that you can get involved and show your support this Arbor Day!
Spend some quality time with your trees:
- Get out and read a book, have a picking, or take a nap under your favorite tree on your property or at your local park. Trees offer great benefits to humans, like clean air, oxygen production, so while you show your tree some gratitude, you’ll also be reaping the benefits!
Educate others on the importance and get them involved:
- While it’s common knowledge that trees are essential for the environment and our existence, and most people know what Arbor Day is, it never hurts to educate. You may even be able to teach them something new!
- A fun, tree-themed craft or scavenger hunt great way to get your kids involved and an excellent opportunity to educate them about trees in a way that is also entertaining and approachable for them.
Plant a new tree on your property or in your community:
- Countless trees are cut down each year to be used for the everyday resources we consume (i.e., paper products, lumber, furniture, and more). Planting a new tree is a great way to give back to trees for everything they provide for us.
- If you can’t plant a tree on your property, there’s a good chance that you can find an organization in your local community that does tree planting. Do some research online or contact your local municipalities and townships to determine how you can get involved.
Donate to a reputable nonprofit that focuses on trees:
- Society’s heightened focus on the environment and giving back has encouraged the establishment of many nonprofit organizations that focus specifically on advocating for and supporting our nation’s trees and forests. Donating to one of these organizations is a simple yet impactful way to get involved. We’ve taken the liberty of including four great organizations to donate to below:
Show your trees some extra attention
If you’re not planting a new tree, maintaining the health of your existing trees is an option that allows you to preserve your trees and help them stay strong, healthy, and beautiful for generations to come! Give Monster Tree Service a call today to book some tree care services or plant healthcare services!