Expert Tree Elevation Service
How Our Arborists Elevate Trees
Our trained arborists are trained to know how to trim low-hanging tree branches while keeping the tree’s overall health top of mind. But don’t worry about your tree looking bare. We don’t take off any more branches than we have to, leaving your tree looking full and healthy without intruding on your yard. We choose every branch for removal deliberately, to encourage strong upward growth with a manageable canopy size.
When your arborist arrives, we’ll:
- Inspect trees with low-hanging branches to determine what should be removed.
- Carefully trim or cut away branches that strain your tree’s growth or impede the use of your yard.
- Make sure the cuts are cared for, minimizing the risk of disease or pests.
- Clear away the removed branches to leave your yard clean.
Our arborists largely recommend elevation trimming for deciduous (leafy) trees. Pines and other evergreens often don’t suffer from over-extended limbs the way deciduous trees do. Some species also naturally shed some of their lower branches, keeping themselves balanced and healthy.
The Benefits of Pruning the Lower Branches of Trees
Besides encouraging healthy upward growth and minimizing stress, here are some other benefits when you elevate a tree:
- Clears more of your yard for outdoor recreation.
- Eliminates the danger of running into low branches.
- Makes it easier to mow the lawn around trees.
- Reduces the chance of damage from branches rubbing adjacent structures.
- Minimizes tree debris like leaves and twigs in pools, hot tubs, and other water features. (Debris dropping from higher up is more likely to blow away on the wind.)
- Improve the view from your windows.
- Encourages manageable sideways growth above the roofline, shading your yard and home.
Find Tree Elevating Services Near Me
Our trained arborists know how to elevate trees in such a way as to make them grow vertically with a good branch structure. That’s the kind of thought and care Monster Tree Service is known for. Each independently owned and operated Monster Tree Service location provides homeowners with reasonable prices and services that keep their trees healthy, their homes safe, and their property beautiful.
Ready to “elevate” a tree in your yard? Call your local Monster Tree Service today at (888) 744-0155 or request a free, no-obligation estimate online.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is tree elevation good for?
By trimming lower tree branches on deciduous trees, we encourage them to grow up rather than out. Sideways growth is a stress on the trunk, which is why we remove lower branches before they can stretch too far. Without proper care, your trees will outgrow their ability to support their weight.
In the woods, trees are densely packed and grow vertically to compete for sunlight and space: Sideways growth isn’t possible. However, in the open space around your home or business, trees grow sideways as well as up. Elevation services help your tree grow more the way it would in nature.
Should you trim the lower branches of a tree?
If they’re getting in the way or stretching too far from the tree trunk, yes! Trimming away low tree branches can help the rest of your tree grow stronger. However, we don’t want to trim away too much; lower tree branches help provide stability, especially in high winds. That’s why we don’t remove more branches than we need to for the tree to be healthy and out of the way.
How do you know when to trim lower tree branches?
When you notice tree branches getting in the way of the use of your outdoor space, it’s time to elevate them. We want trees to provide their majestic beauty to our homes and businesses without running into them face-first every time we’re outdoors. If you’re not certain whether your tree will be healthier after an elevation service, schedule a professional tree inspection to tell you more.
Care for your tree from root to crown with more services from our expert arborists:
- Holistic tree trimming and pruning professionally trims branches throughout your tree.
- Cabling and bracing support your tree when far-reaching branches are stressing its trunk to the point of cracking.
- Professional shrub trimming takes care of any bushes or hedges on your property.